Wed, Oct 04|
Leduc Arts Foundry
Watercolour - do it on Yupo!
with Karen Bishop $125 members / $140 non-members
Time & Location
Oct 04, 7:00 p.m. – Oct 25, 9:30 p.m.
Leduc Arts Foundry, Leduc Recreation Centre, 4330 Black Gold Dr, Leduc, AB T9E 3C3, Canada
About the event
This workshop takes place over 4 consecutive Wednesdays
Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25 2023
7 - 9:30 pm
- Member $125.00
- Non-Member $140.00
In this four-week class, we will explore the joys of painting watercolour on yupo. We will experience how the paints move and react to each other and the paper and have fun learning to embrace the “happy accidents” I will show you how to paint reductively creating white space again and reworking parts of the painting that don’t quite work. Each week I will demonstrate different techniques, give general tips on composition and discuss how to add excitement to your paintings. Individual attention and encouragement are a focus of all my classes and I will come around frequently to help students troubleshoot and work out any tricky situations. This class is suitable for all levels of watercolour painter.
Basic watercolour supplies:
- Brushes include 1 largish and 1 smallish that you are comfortable using
- Boards (the board is just to support the paper while painting and should be big enough for an 9 x 12” piece of paper
- Tape - so that we can experiment with tipping the paper.
- 9 x 12” Yupo paper heavy or medium weight (not transculent)
- Watercolour Paints
- a warm and cool yellow
- a red
- a green
- horizon or cerulean blue
- indigo or other dark colour
- a purple - quinacridone violet is my favourite
- container for water
- pencil, permanent art pen, sketch book