Beginners to Advanced Landscape
- Primary colours (include a “cool” blue and red and a “warm” blue and red (Ultramarine and Pthalo and Cadmium or bright red and Alizarin Crimson), Lemon yellow, Plus black and white. If they have more colours they can bring them.
- Stretched canvas or canvas on board recommended size for beginners 11"x14"
- 3 or 4 brush sizes - 1 inch flat, 1/4 inch flat and one smaller included. If they have more brushes they can bring more.
- Water container and rags
- Fine tip felt pen
- Table Top Easels are supplied
- Artist-quality soft pastels (Holbein, Sennelier, Schmincke, Unison, Nupastel, any of these brands)
- Drawing board
- Canson Tobacco Brown or Dark Grey: 1 sheet or Pastel Premier Italian Grey sheet
- Soft vine charcoal (medium thickness)
- Kneadable eraser
- Masking tape
- Pen or fine-tip marker
Learn to Paint With Oils: Beginners to Advanced Any Subject Matter
PAINT - Highly recommend M. Grahams brand, it's a great paint at a mid-range price. Cadmium yellow OR cad yellow light, lemon yellow, yellow ochre, cadmium red light, alizarin crimson permanent (Gamblin brand NOT M. Grahams for this colour), ultramarine blue, phthalo blue (for intense greens or turquoise), quinacridone rose (for pure pinks in flowers) and titanium white.
- Palette of your choice
- Brushes, good quality hog bristle FLATS (Robert Simmons Signet or the blue H. J.’s). Sizes 12, 10, 8, and 5 and 3.
- Thinner for cleaning brushes. I recommend #125 NeutralThin Odourless Thinner
-Thinner container (these are the best they don't leak) cheapest place to buy is Lee Valley in Edmonton just off the Anthony Henday west end. https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/tools/supplies/finishing/cups/71704-paintbrush-wash-can
- Rags or paper towel for wiping your brushes
-plastic bag to bring home your oil rags
- One to two 8x10 or 9x12 canvases or panels.
- A photo of your choice to paint from. If you are a beginner Cindy will give you a photo to work from.
- Cardboard box to carry your wet painting home
- Table top easels are supplied
Note for Beginners:
Please bring the above supplies but for your FIRST class you will only need 2 colours, titanium white and burnt umber paint. For your photo I suggest very simple subject matter. If you are not ready to buy a palette you can use disposable palette paper. You will have to go to Delta Art & Drafting Supplies 11116 120 St, Edmonton, AB T5G 2X8 or The Paint spot 10032 81 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1W8 to get some of these supplies. Feel free to call 780-662-3088 or email me at if you have questions.
For more information about supplies go here.
For still life artists working from life go here.